Saturday, January 25, 2014

Houndstooth Frenzy.

Hi guys!!! As promised on my instagram, _hollyjae, I am bringing you my houndstooth OOTD! Is it just me or is NC weather getting a bit out of control?? I am all for the winter and its AMAZING fashion, but little miss ma'am here is tired of these below freezing temps! Anywhooo, I knew that it was necessary for me to keep warm while looking put together. I am a fan of not only black and white, but also houndstooth print. It looks very chic to me and can bring a subtle flare to any outfit. Plus, being that it is a monochrome pallet, you can pair it with any color you choose, which is what I did!

Here Holly goes agaiiinnn... making her own suit set! LOL. I've spoke about this before I know, but lets touch on it once more. Here I was with this to die for houndstooth skirt that was a statement on its own, but to my enjoyment there was an article of clothing in my closet that had to step out for the day! This faux leather sleeve motorcycle jacket took this look to an entirely new level!!! Although the prints are not a perfect match, the difference in prints creates character and edge to an other wise safe look. 







Underneath my DIY suit set, lol, I paired a pastel teal cropped sweatshirt. The softness of this color really complimented the black and white.  My black, lace up booties added to the feminine flare of the playful outfit. I played more with the blue family by accessorizing with a turquoise and gold statement necklace. Simple pearls were the perfect touch to this look. 











Outfit Details:

  • Cropped Sweat Shirt: Target
  • Houndstooth Skater Skirt: Target
  • Lace up Booties: Forever 21
  • Motorcycle Jacket: JCPenny
  • Necklace: H&M
  • Bag: Steve Madden









I really enjoyed this look today and was able to stay quite warm in it. I am, and will remain a sucker for a black and white attention grabbing piece and I believe that everyone should have one in their wardrobe. I would like to thank you guys, as always, for supporting me and I hope that I am inspiration for someone to be who they are and express themselves through their fashion. It is not about what you wear, but how you wear it!


XOXO,
Holly



No comments:

Post a Comment