Saturday, January 11, 2014

Rainy Day Black & Blues

Hi there ladies and gents! I'm have returned to you on this rainy North Carolina day with a precipitation appropriate look. I hope everyone's New Year is going amazingly and that you are holding fast to those resolutions you made for 2014. My New Year has been going good so far; fingers crossed that it continues. Okay...enough rambling Holly, on with the Fit!
 
 
How many of you guys have heard the infamous myth that never, under any circumstances should black and blue be worn together?? Hands up, I know we've all heard this bologna! Welp, as always I am here to step on toes and break rules! I decided to pair my navy Phillip Lim A-line skater skirt with my simple graphic sweatshirt. For those of you who follow fashion and the runway, I am sure you saw this to colors pop on the 2012 fashion runways! Gucci,  Mui Mui, and Carolina Herrera all incorporated navy and black on the catwalk!
 
 
As I've said a number of times, it is all about how you style. I decided to let the skirt serve as the focal point. By keeping all other elements of this look black, eyes are automatically drawn to the skirt. I paired my look with some black opaque tights and my knee high riding boots. To compliment the gold hardware on my bag, I opted for a gold chain necklace for accessories.
 
 
Outfit Details:
 
Sweatshirt: Target
Phillip Lim Skater Skirt: Target
Tights: Target
Riding Boots: Steve Madden
Purse: Steve Madden
 
 
I hope each of you enjoy your weekend, as rainy as it maybe, and continue to laugh in the face of fashion rules. Do what you want; be who you are; and express yourself in all that you do!
 
XOXO,
Holly
 


No comments:

Post a Comment